About Leticia Alexa Thurman
The Experience You Need To Build The Life You Want
CA License LMFT 91329
I am a licensed family therapist and specialist in couples therapy. Additionally, I hold a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology and a Bachelors in Interpersonal Communication. In the last fifteen years, I have worked and volunteered with a range of health organizations and supported bilingual and bi-cultural communities. During my years of practice, I have worked with individuals from different cultural backgrounds and throughout the gender and sexuality spectrum too.
THE PSYCHE IS NEVER SILENT, AND SUFFERING IS THE FIRST CLUE THAT SOMETHING SEEKS HEALING
Alexa Thurman with Dr.James Hollis, Executive Director of the Jung Society of Washington (JSW) until 2019, Director of Training of the Philadelphia Jung Institute, and Vice-President Emeritus of the Philemon Foundation
What I do
I use my education and training to provide you with a safe and private place to talk about sensitive personal issues and become informed about effective treatment options. My mission is to create a space that feels liberating and allows you to explore, heal and grow.
Under my care, you will learn how to:
- Better understand and process your emotions to gain clarity
- Obtain new perspectives to help you process and heal
- Develop skills to reduce and manage negative or destructive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- Decrease and manage depression and anxiety.
- Los Angeles County Psychological Association (LACPA), California
- CAMFT (California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists) – Los Angeles
- Pacific Gestalt Institute
- Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center
- Certified Instructor of Hatha Yoga, Maha Yoga, Brentwood, CA
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation California Tour
The Alliance works with schools, companies, community organizations, and healthcare professionals to reduce the prevalence of childhood obesity and to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits. As a special guest on this tour, I had the chance to meet with former President Bill Clinton and former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and other California authorities seeking to transform the conditions and systems that lead to healthier children.